Find out more about FRESHER European Researchers Night 2020
FRESHER Programme in the Night
Book your evening this 27 November for another share of exciting meetings with science! FRESHER than ever, our list of events across the country will start at 5 pm. We have planned breathtaking demonstrations and experiments in various scientific fields, quizzes, presentations, discussions, exhibitions, science films, competitions, photography, and so much more!
REFRESH Competitions 2020
We have set up a range of very special competitions to make sure that anyone in Bulgaria finds a way to connect with science:
- Fantastic plants (and where to find them) – we are looking for the young visual artists with hearing disabilities who will find inspiration in the world of plants and recreate it visually for all of us to enjoy.
- Song sheets – we are challenging the visually impaired to create a soundtrack of nature and allow us all to hear the music of our natural world
- Strong tenderness – girls and young women are crucial to science and technology and this competition gives you a voice to tell us how you will inspire the world with science
- Roots of inspiration inspiration – we are asking students from across the country to nominate their favourite STEM teacher and to tell us why this teacher should grab the prize for inspiring the next generations
- Spoken word – we are collecting quotable quotes from scientists or incredible facts from their lives, to then turn into a set of collectibles!
- A day in the life of an academician – we will pair young people with the most senior Academicians at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences for a day to learn all about the work of those governing science. We will then ask them to write an essay about the experience and share their thoughts about the life and work of the most senior leaders of science.
So now get ready, switch your imagination and inspiration on, and take part!
FRESHER is an innovative project for European Researchers’ Night funded by the European Commission under the Marie Skłodowska-Curie Action of the Horizon 2020 programme. The European Researchers' Night is a Europe-wide public event that every year brings researchers closer to the public. The Night provides researchers the opportunity to showcase the diversity of science and its impact on citizens’ daily lives, and to stimulate interest in research careers – especially among young people. The events highlight how researchers contribute to our society by displaying their work in an interactive and engaging forum.
In Bulgaria this year we are working with 20 main and 35 associate partners from all over the country with a special programme in more than 25 settlements over several months. The programme includes events during the Night itself, as well as exciting activities in schools, competitions, meetings with scientists in research institutes and universities and public urban spaces.
Inspired by the UN’s International Year of Plant Health, we have dedicated this year’s programme to how plants help create a better future on the planet, how they relate to human health, to maths, geology, technology, culture and so much more.
FRESHER stands in English for Find Research Everywhere, SHare and experience but do join us and you will see just how fresh science can be indeed!
FRESHER Science ambassadors
Later in the year we are preparing more visits by real, inspiring, successful scientists straight in classrooms at schools across Bulgaria. We will prepare these meetings together with the teachers and make sure everybody gets to ask their questions in person!